Baked Apple Crisp
Makes 12 servings
8 cups unpeeled, thinly sliced green apples
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
4 teaspoons lemon juice
4-teaspoons cinnamon, divided
1 ½ cups applesauce
1 cup uncooked rolled oats
½ cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3-cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons butter
- Have your parents PREHEAT oven to 375° Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, TOSS apple slices with granulated sugar, lemon juice, and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- SPREAD apple mixture evenly in the casserole dish.
- Evenly SPREAD the applesauce on top of the apples, using a spatula or spoon.
- In a medium bowl, COMBINE oats, brown sugar, flour, heavy cream, and the remaining 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- Evenly SPREAD the oat mixture over the apples. SPRINKLE the top with pieces of butter.
- With your parent’s assistance BAKE for 35-40 min or until the top is golden brown and bubbly.
- SERVE warm and TOP each serving with a dollop of yogurt or whipped cream. Enjoy!
Recipe from the Jr. Cuisine ABC’s of Cooking Recipe Book.