Chocolate Mousse Parfait
4 tablespoons boiling water
1 1/4 cups (7 ounces) dark chocolate, chopped
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 1/3 cups (5.25 ounces) mini marshmallows
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
1. With the help of an adult, MELT chocolate, mini marshmallows, butter, and hot water on low heat in a saucepan.
2. STIR until liquid and SET aside. Don’t worry if a little bit of marshmallow is not melted.
3. ADD vanilla to heavy cream.
4. BEAT cream in a bowl to soft peaks.
5. Be sure your chocolate mixture is completely cool, then use a rubber spatula to
FOLD in the melted chocolate. Note: The mousse will last a few hours in the refrigerator as well.
6. SPOON the mousse among serving glasses to build a parfait layering crushed gram crackers, mousse, whipped cream, and top with a fresh strawberry. Enjoy!
You'll get access to our weekly newsletter and you are automatically registered to win a copy of our New Cookbook.